Braised Chicken With ApricotsFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 5 ounces dried apricots shopping list
- 1 cup hot chicken stock shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 3-1/2 pound frying chicken quartered shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely chopped white onion shopping list
- 2 large ripe tomatoes peeled seeded and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice shopping list
How to make it
- Pour hot stock over dried apricots then set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat then brown chicken on both sides.
- Remove chicken and set aside then cook onion in skillet for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, apricots in soaking liquid, salt, paprika, cinnamon, coriander and pepper.
- Scrape browned bits from bottom of pan while stirring.
- Return chicken to skillet turning to coat with sauce.
- Cover then lower heat and simmer 30 minutes turning chicken once.
- Skim any fat from sauce then serve immediately over hot rice.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!