Southwestern London Broil With Warm Potato and Black Bean SaladFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 unpeeled red skinned potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 pound flank steak shopping list
- 15 ounce can black beans drained shopping list
- 1 rib celery cut into crescents shopping list
- 1/2 sweet onion thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled jalapeno peppers shopping list
- 2 limes juiced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat grill or broiler then cut potatoes in quarters lengthwise then crosswise into 1/4” pieces.
- Place in saucepan then barely cover with water and add 1 teaspoon salt and cook 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Combine cumin, chili powder, cayenne, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper and salt in small bowl.
- Rub steak with 1 teaspoon olive oil then with spices.
- Grill over high heat 5 minutes per side then set aside.
- Put beans, celery, onion and cilantro into mixing bowl then add potatoes.
- In separate bowl mix jalapeno, lime juice and remaining olive oil with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add dressing to bean mixture then toss.
- Slice steak on diagonal into 1/4" thick slices then serve with salad.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!