Pecan-crusted Chicken And ShrimpFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
- 4 (8 ounce) chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 pound shrimp, 16/20 count, tails on shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- BREADING: shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons white pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon paprika, hot or mild shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups pecans, ground shopping list
- 5 tablespoons butter for sauteing shopping list
- SAUCE: shopping list
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
How to make it
- Beat eggs and buttermilk with a fork until pale yellow.
- Grind the pecans and place in a bowl OR pie plate.
- Add the flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper, paprika and dry mustard to the nuts.
- Using your finger, dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then press both sides into the pecan mixture.
- Dip the shrimp into the egg/milk mixture and press both sides in the nuts.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook the chicken breasts on both sides until cooked through.
- Saute the shrimp to a nice brown on both sides, about 3 minutes.
- To make the sauce, combine the Dijon and honey well.
- Serve as a condiment on the side.