Sauteed cube steaksFrom smahoney1 6 years ago
How to make it
- Season cube steaks to taste up to one day in advance (but still tastes great if seasoned last minute)
- Quarter onion and then slice
- Cover bottom of large frying pan with oil
- Heat pan to medium high
- Cook onions in pan for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent
- Move onions to side of pan and place cube steaks in pan
- Turn heat to medium low and place onions on top of steaks
- When steaks are brown turn over, allowing onions to fall under steaks
- Maintaining a low temperature is key to making this method work. This will create super tender cube steaks or pork chops with wonderfully carmelized onions. The dish is done when the onions are carmelized and meat is brown on edges of second side.
The Cooksmahoney1 Naugatuck, CT
- Not added to any groups yet!