Raspberry and Blackberry GaletteFrom lillyann 6 years ago
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries shopping list
- zest of one lemon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 tablespoon milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rollout puff pastry to a 11" x 11" square. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine the berries, lemon zest, lemon juice, cinnamon and sugar. Stir gently.
- Place the berry mixture in a mound at the centre of the puff pastry, leaving a 2 1/2" edge around. Try to leave any excess juice in the bowl.
- Gather the edges of the puff pastry towards the centre around the berries.
- Combine the egg and milk. Brush the puff pastry with the egg wash. Sprinkle sugar the top of the pastry.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Heat the jam in the microwave for 1 minute until it is runny. Brush the top of the berries gently with the jam to give them some shine.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.