General Tsos ChickenFrom lillyann 5 years ago
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into 1” chunks) shopping list
- 5 dried red chili peppers shopping list
- 3 green onions (sliced) shopping list
- 3 eggs (beaten) shopping list
- ½ cup cornstarch shopping list
- oil (for frying) shopping list
- Sauce- shopping list
- 1 ½ tablespoons rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons rice wine shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl combine cornstarch and beaten eggs. Mix well to create a batter. Add chicken bits and coat thoroughly.
- To make the sauce- in a small bowl combine rice vinegar, rice wine, soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat deep fryer or wok to 375 degrees and deep fried chicken bits in batches. Drain on paper towels.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of oil to your wok. Add dried chili peppers to your wok and stir fry for 30 seconds. Add chicken bits to the wok and stir fry for a couple minutes.
- Add sauce mixture to the wok and cook stirring until the sauce becomes thickened and bubbly. Garnish with green onions and serve.
- (Makes about 2 servings)