Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk CookiesFrom cookinginchina 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups (720 mL) quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats, uncooked shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (360 mL) flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- chocolate chunks, chips, or M&M-type candies to preference shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks - 300 mL) butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) brown sugar (original calls for light, but I only have dark available, and it works fine so long as you differentiate "done" and "burnt" from the colors) shopping list
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F.
- In large bowl cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In medium bowl combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Blend into creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate evenly.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets, or put in a casserole dish/bread pan to make cookie bars.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until set.
- If making bars, give about 3-4 minutes to set before cutting them, then a few more minutes before transferring them to a plate or container.