Holiday Fruit Nut LogsFrom cyates798 4 years ago
- 1 box Nabisco Nilla Wafers (only kind I use), crushed shopping list
- 8 oz. Green candied cherries, coursely chopped shopping list
- 8 oz. Red candied cherries, coursely chopped shopping list
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup pecans, coursely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place crushed Nilla wafers, green and red cherries, sweetened condensed milk and 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans in a large mixing bowl.
- Using hands, combine all ingredients well.
- Wash hands in cold water, while hands are still wet pull out about 1 cup of cookie mix.
- Roll in coursely chopped pecans, and shape into logs.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Wash hands again, and while hands are wet make another log, and continue this process until all mixture is used.
- You should end up with about 5 logs.
- Bake logs for 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven, or until moderate brown, but not burnt!
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then carefully transfer to cooling rack. Cool completely until firm and set.
- Store wrapped in plastic in fridge.
The Cookcyates798 Odessa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!