mac and cheeseFrom hiddenpoet 7 years ago
- 5 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 4 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 cups half and half shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1 pound box of penne pasta, slightly undercooked shopping list
- 2 cups good parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated swiss cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated provelone cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup course bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 3 quart baking pan.
- melt tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. add flour and cook stirring constantly 2 minutes.
- whisk in half and half a little at a time. cook 4 minutes more.
- remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- add 1 cup parmesan and stir to combine.
- toss pasta with sauce.
- add one third pasta to baking pan. sprinkle with one third of remaining cheeses.
- repeat two times. top with breadcrumbs and bake 40-45 minutes. allow to sit 5 minutes and serve.