Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream PieFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 quart peppermint ice cream softened shopping list
- 9 inch baked pastry shell shopping list
- Meringue: shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 tablespoons crushed peppermint stick candy shopping list
How to make it
- In heavy saucepan melt chocolate and butter over low heat then stir in milk and sugar.
- Cook and stir for 8 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat then stir in vanilla and cool completely.
- Spread half of the ice cream into pastry shell then freeze until firm.
- Spread half of the chocolate mixture over ice cream then freeze until set.
- Repeat layers then freeze for several hours or overnight.
- In a heavy saucepan combine egg whites, sugar, water and cream of tartar.
- With hand mixer beat on low speed for 1 minute.
- Continue beating over low heat until mixture reaches 160° about 12 minutes.
- Pour into bowl of a heavy duty stand mixer then add vanilla.
- Beat on high until frosting forms stiff peaks about 7 minutes.
- Fold in peppermint candy then spread over top of pie.
- Cover and freeze until serving.