White Chocolate And Cherry Cointreau CakeFrom catnite 5 years ago
How to make it
- Soak dried cherries in Cointreau for 1 hour
- preheat oven to 170C.
- Line a 20cm shallow cake tin with baking paper
- Beat egg yolks with castor sugar until pale in colour
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over hot water
- Whisk the butter into the melted chocolate, then fold the chocolate into the yolk mixture
- Using a wide spatula, fold the cherries and Cointreau into the mix, followed by the flour.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold through
- Pour into the cake tin and baje for 45- 55 min or until a skewer comes out clean. If the cake is browning too much during cooking, cover the tope with foil
- The cake will be slightly soft to touch and moist in texture
- Cool in the tin before turning out
- Serve with double cream