Corn Bread Cherry and Bacon StuffingFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 (8 1/2-ounce) packages corn muffin mix shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 6 bacon slices shopping list
- 2 cups chopped onion shopping list
- 2 cups diced carrot shopping list
- 2 cups diced celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries shopping list
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine milk and eggs in a bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Stir in muffin mix; let stand 2 minutes.
- Pour corn bread mixture in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place cubes on a baking sheet; bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in pan.
- Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Add onion, carrot, and celery to pan; sauté 5 minutes
- over medium-high heat. Stir in cherries and broth; cook 5 minutes.
- Combine corn bread cubes, bacon, onion mixture, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; stirring until well-blended.
- Spoon corn bread mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring after
- 10 minutes.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
anything with bacon yum!herby in Albany loved it