ManguFrom nadira 8 years ago
How to make it
- Peel Yuca or if you're lucky you can find it at Latin American grocers in the frozen section. 1 bag is sufficient.
- Peel Platains and cut into sections about 1- 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place both the Yuca and the Platains in a medium stock pot and cover with water.
- Boil till soft about 1/2 or so.
- Drain most of the water, but leave some in to give moisture to make the mashed consistancy. Add more water if too thick. Should be like mashed potatoes. Salt to taste. Just enough to flavor, not too salty as this is eaten with Hard Salami.
- Dice the red onion and fry in a little olive oil till soft.
- Add the onion, garlic, olive oil, salt and apple cider vinegar to the mashed mixture ( taking care to add a little vinegar at a time, just enough to give it a nice tangy flavor). What I do is serve it on a plate and make a well like you do for gravy on mashed potatoes and in it I place a little onion in it, then a little olive oil and a little splash of vinegar. Sever with a few slices of Hard Dry Salami.