Chicken Cabbage SoupFrom hartwiet 5 years ago
- 2 Medium onions shopping list
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/2 Head cabbage shopping list
- 4 Stalks celery shopping list
- 2 Cups Chopped carrots shopping list
- 1 Tbls parsley shopping list
- 48oz Can of chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 can tomato paste (approx 3oz) shopping list
- 1/2 Tbls salt shopping list
How to make it
- Chop the Onion and Cabbage so that pieces are about the same size. Chop the Celery to be approximatly the same size as the carrots.
- Cook the Chicken (method doesnt matter. I usually grill or boil it avoid frying as it will add grease to the soup).
- When the chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into desirable sized cubes (i try for 1/2 inch cubes)
- Put the chicken stock in a dutch oven or stock pot and bring up to heat (not quite a boil)
- add the carrots, and celery and cook for about 10 minutes
- add the onions and cabbage next and cook for 10 minutes
- add the chicken , parsley and the tomato paste. Stir in the tomato paste so its evenly incorporated.
- let everything cook together for about 20 minutes.
- this is the point where you taste the broth. If it needs salt, this is the point to add it, if it doesnt need salt, it can be omited.