Snickerdoodle Sandwich CookiesFrom melissity 7 years ago
- For cookies: shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened) shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2-3/4 cups flour shopping list
- *Optional: coarse colored decorating sugar* shopping list
- For filling: shopping list
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened (regular or reduced-fat) shopping list
- 1 cup marshmallow cream (Fluff) shopping list
- (NOTE: You can adjust the amount of marshmallow cream to taste... I actually preferred it with 2 cups of marshmallow cream.) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat butter, shortening, sugars, eggs, cinnamon, cream of tartar, baking soda, and vanilla in bowl with mixer on medium speed until well combined.
- On low speed, gradually beat in flour until dough forms.
- Shape tablespoons of dough into balls; if desired, dip one side into colored decorating sugar.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet (if dipped in decorating sugar, place sugared-side up).
- Bake 8 minutes until set.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet, then remove cookies and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- For filling, beat ingredients on medium speed until blended and fluffy.
- When cookies have cooled completely, spread 1 Tbsp of filling onto flat side of cookie; press another cookie on top (flat side facing down to filling) to create sandwich.