Berry Bread Pudding with Brown Sugar SauceFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 (1 pound) loaves stale French bread, sliced shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 6 cups whole milk shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup chopped strawberries shopping list
- 1 cup blackberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Generously butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange the bread slices in the dish so they are packed in a little bit tight. In a medium bowl, whisk together the 4 eggs, milk, white sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour the liquid over the bread, and let it sit for an hour in the refrigerator. Press down the top with a spatula occasionally to help the bread absorb the liquid. After about 30 minutes, sprinkle the berries over the pudding, and press them down inside a bit to distribute.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake the bread pudding for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden, and the middle is firm. While the pudding is baking, make the brown sugar sauce.
- Melt the unsalted butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, water, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Cook, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and whisk in the egg. Return to the burner, and cook stirring constantly until thickened, about 1 minute. Serve hot over the hot bread pudding.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating2 people
wow delicous bread pudding love the combo and flavors yum thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it