Rum CakeFrom tropical_lime 6 years ago
- 1 yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1 package of vanilla instant pudding mix shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- ½ cup cold water shopping list
- ½ cup oil shopping list
- ½ cup dark rum shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- ¼ pound of butter shopping list
- ¼ cup of water shopping list
- 1 cup of sugar shopping list
- ½ cup rum shopping list
How to make it
- Rum Cake
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease and flour 9X12 baking pan.
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans evenly spread on bottom of 9X12 baking pan.
- Mix together:
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 package of vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup dark rum
- Place mixture in baking pan on top of nuts. Bake for one hour. Cool. Invert on serving plate.
- Melt the butter over low heat, add water and sugar. Stir constantly for 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in rum. Poke some holes in top cake with a toothpick, pour glaze over cake until all is used.
- Try using coconut rum instead of dark rum. This is also good.