Funnel CakesFrom bake 8 years ago
- Veg oil for frying shopping list
- 3 Cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Cup Shredded wheat biscuits (Shredded into crumbs) shopping list
- 1/2 Cup sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbs baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tea salt shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 1/2 Cups milk shopping list
- 1 tea vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet pour oil 3/4 inch
- Heat to 375 degrees
- In Med bowl combine flour shredded wheat crumbs, sugar,baking powder and salt mix and set aside
- In large bowl with mixer at med speed beat eggs with milk and vanilla
- Gradually beat in flour mixture, beat until smooth.
- Holding funnel end closed fill funnel with batter open end and allow dough to run out in a stream into hot fat.
- Move the funnel to make pattern
- Startging at center of pan and swriling batter outward in a circle.
- Fry 2 or 3 minutes turning once until both sides are golden brown, use tongs put on paper towel to drain.
- Sprinkle with powder sugar or strawberies or cherries or and kind of fruit.
- Can be made and refergerated a few days if batter thickens just add a little milk.