Italian Stuffed ClamsFrom chef_irish 4 years ago
- 2 cups bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped very fine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 24 cherrystone or littleneck clams, scrubbed shopping list
- 2 cups fish or chicken broth shopping list
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine bread crumbs, olive oil, garlic, parsley, and paprika in a medium bowl. Mix together well, mixture should be moist to the touch.
- Place clams in a baking pan and pack about 2 teaspoons of the bread crumb mixture loosely into each clam.
- Pour broth around clams, making sure not to cover clams and wash away bread crumb mixture.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until done.
- Transfer Clams to serving plates and drizzle a little of the juice
- from the baking pan on top of each clam. Serve with lemon wedges.
- It is very important that the stuffing stays moist and does not become dried out. If the bread crumb mixture feels too dry, you may have to add a little more oil, use your judgment.
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
The Rating1 people
Great recipe, Chef_Irish - I love these! Thanks for the recipe...they are so delicious.
Welcome to Group Recipes...it's a pleasure to have you join us. Happy holidays! :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!