Southern Cornmeal Mush Dated 1951From chefmeow 6 years ago
How to make it
- Combine cornmeal, salt and cold water in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- While stirring gradually pour boiling water into saucepan then bring to boil.
- Stir constantly then quickly reduce heat to medium.
- Cover with lid and cook 5 minutes more then turn into a well greased loaf pan.
- Cool slightly and cover then refrigerate overnight before using.
- To cook have a fair amount of hot grease or oil in a skillet.
- Carefully turn now solid mass of cornmeal onto a cutting board and cut into thick slices.
- Turn once in plain flour and place in skillet and cook 10 minutes per side over medium.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!