Chicago Style PizzaFrom chef_irish 8 years ago
- 4 cups of all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup of cornmeal shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 packages of dry active yeast shopping list
- 1 cup of warm water shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 Tbls sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup of olive oil shopping list
- 1 15oz can of chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 3 cloves finely minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 tsp fried oregano shopping list
- 8oz of sliced mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 8oz of sliced provolone cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl add warm water, sugar and yeast.
- Gently stir and let stand for about 10 minutes until yeast becomes foamy.
- Stir in salt and olive oil.
- Mix cornmeal into flour.
- Add flour to water one cup at a time and mix until dough forms.
- Place dough on a floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes. Dust with flour as needed.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and keep covered in a warm place for about 2 hours until dough has doubled.
- Turn the dough out on a floured surface and knead for about 2 more minutes.
- Oil the bottom of a deep dish or a heavy skillet.
- Spread the dough in the skillet and work the dough up the sides.
- Add a layer of mozzarella and provolone at the bottom of the skillet.
- Spread the tomatoes around.
- Sprinkle with garlic, basil, oregano and parmesan cheese.
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Bake pizza for around 25 minutes.
- You can alway add your favorite toppings to this pizza before placing it in the oven.
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!