Heavenly Layered Sweet PotatoesFrom acemom 4 years ago
- 3 pounds fresh sweet potatoes (about 4 large) shopping list
- 2/3 C. brown sugar shopping list
- 2 T. orange juice (juice of about half orange) shopping list
- 1 tsp. orange zest shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground or grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 jar marshmallow creme, softened shopping list
- 2 C. flaked coconut shopping list
- 1/3 C. sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Bake sweet potatoes until tender (350 for 45 min. on stoneware), then peel & mash them warm. (Leave oven at 350 to preheat.)
- Stir in brown sugar, orange juice, orange zest & nutmeg.
- Spread half of sweet potato mixture into 9x9 baking dish.
- Layer marshmallow creme over 1st layer of sweet potatoes.
- Spread remaining sweet potato mixture over marshmallow creme.
- Mix coconut, sugar and cinnamon in separate bowl, then sprinkle evenly over top layer of sweet potatoes.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for about 10 minutes or until coconut turns golden brown.