Hot Spinach DipFrom chef_irish 6 years ago
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup onion, diced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced shopping list
- 1 pound fresh spinach, cleaned, trimmed & coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 3 dashes worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 3 dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco shopping list
- 3/4 - 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 tsp paprika shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a pot, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add spinach; cook until completely wilted, approximate 5 minutes. Transfer to a colander; drain, pressing to release all excess liquid.
- Add remaining olive oil to pot. Saute onions and garlic, until softened and onions lightly browned. Add milk and heat. Stir in cream cheese until smooth. Add spinach, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and 1/2 cup mozzarella; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in paprika. Pour into a shallow baking dish; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes.