Romanian Stuffed Cabbage RollsFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 8 large cabbage leaves shopping list
- Boiling salted water shopping list
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 3/4 cup wheat germ shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 medium clove garlic minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon basil leaves crushed shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 16 ounce can tomato sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Drop cabbage leaves into boiling water in large saucepan then return to boiling.
- Boil gently for 5 minutes then drain.
- Mix beef, wheat, onion, salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, basil and eggs then blend well.
- Preheat oven to 375 then divide beef mixture evenly onto cabbage leaves.
- Fold sides of leaf over mixture and roll leaf around filling.
- Place rolls seam side down in baking dish.
- Blend tomato sauce, water, brown sugar, vinegar and cornstarch smoothly.
- Pour over rolls then cover with foil and bake 45 minutes spooning sauce during baking.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!