Michigan Dried Cherry Apple Stuffed Pork Chops Dated 1966From chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 cup apple juice shopping list
- 1/2-cup fresh apple chunks shopping list
- 1/2-cup Michigan dried cherries shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 2 tablespoons croutons shopping list
- 1-tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2-teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 6 pork loin chops (1" thick) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan combine apple juice and apples, simmer, covered, for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Michigan dried cherries and let stand 5 minutes, drain, reserving liquid.
- Combine cooked fruit mixture, walnuts, and croutons.
- Stir together sugar, wine, lemon juice, and ginger.
- Add to crouton mixture, tossing lightly to moisten.
- Cut pockets in fat side of chops, cutting lengthwise to bone.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the stuffing mixture into each pocket.
- If necessary, use wooden picks to hold pockets closed.
- In large skillet brown chops in hot oil.
- Place chops in 13 9 2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle chops with a little salt and pepper.
- Add 1/4-cup reserved apple liquid to pan, adding water if necessary.
- Bake chops, covered in 350 oven 1 hour.