Crunchy Oriental SaladFrom cameoo 7 years ago
- DRESSING: shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1-2 packets Oriental ramen noodle "season packets" (inside the ramen noodle package). Add to taste. shopping list
- 1/3 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup Light salad oil (I like to use light olive oil for salads) shopping list
- 1 small juiced lime or 1/2 an juiced orange shopping list
- sesame oil to taste shopping list
- red pepper flakes to taste shopping list
- -Wisk together and set aside shopping list
- SALAD: shopping list
- 1 medium head cabbage - thinly chopped or shredded and into bite size pieces shopping list
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups red cabbage - thinly chopped or shredded shopping list
- 1 cup carrots - thinly shredded shopping list
- 3 green onions - thinly diced shopping list
- -Mix thoroughly in large mixing bowl and set aside shopping list
- TOAST: (separately in dry, nonstick skillet on stove top til golden brown) shopping list
- 1/2 cup almond slivers shopping list
- 1/4 sup sesame seeds shopping list
- - Sprinkle lightly w/ salt during toasting shopping list
- 1 package of uncooked, crunched up ramen noodles (set aside). shopping list
How to make it
- Combine chopped up SALAD ingredients into large mixing bowl.
- Pour on 1/2 of DRESSING and mix well. Your clean hands work beautifully for mixing!
- Sprinkle on TOASTED Almonds and Sesame Seeds. Mix well.
- Sprinkle on 1/2 of crunched up Ramen Noodles.
- Add more DRESSING and Ramen Noodles to desired taste, texture and consistency.
- Remember that the Ramen Noodles will get softer the longer it sets, so toss them 20 - 30 minutes before serving.