Refrigerator PicklesFrom chef_irish 5 years ago
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 6 cups sliced cucumbers shopping list
- 1 cup sliced onions shopping list
- 1 cup sliced red or green bell peppers (Opt. for looks and taste) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of celery seeds shopping list
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring vinegar, salt and sugar to a boil.
- Boil until the sugar has dissolved, about 10 minutes.
- Place the cucumbers, onions and green bell peppers in a large bowl.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the vegetables.
- Transfer to Sterile Pickle Jars (Masons with Lids) and store in the Refrigerator.
- These will keep great for up to 1 week...I think they taste best on the 3rd day...they are so good the kids even eat them before I get to them!