Spoon Bread with CornFrom chef_irish 6 years ago
How to make it
- Heat 3 cups milk over hot water in top of double boiler.
- Mix cornmeal with remaining milk and salt; add to hot milk in double boiler.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add corn and cook for 3 minutes longer.
- Add butter and stir until butter has melted.
- Fold in beaten eggs. Transfer mixture to a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Bake at 375° for 1 hour, or until firm but light (It will sink when removed from oven).
- Serve immediately with butter