Vegetarian Enchilada CasseroleFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 1 can crushed tomatoes in tomato puree -- (28-ounce) shopping list
- 1 can chunky salsa -- (14 1/2-ounce) shopping list
- 1 can tomato paste -- (6-ounce) shopping list
- 2 cans black beans -- (15-ounce) rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 can whole kernel corn -- (15 1/4-ounce) drained shopping list
- 1 can diced green chiles -- (4-ounce) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin shopping list
- l/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 5 corn tortillas shopping list
- 1 can sliced ripe olives -- (2 1/4-ounce) drained shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, salsa, tomato
- paste, beans, corn, green chiles, cumin, and garlic
- Mix well.
- Ladle about 1 cup of this mixture into the bottom of your slow cooker; spread evenly.
- Top with 1l/2 tortillas, cutting to fit as necessary.
- Spread on 1/3 of the remaining tomato mixture.
- Repeat these layers 2 more times, ending with the rest of the tomato mixture; spread evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle the sliced olives over all.
- Cover and cook on the low heat setting about 5 hours.
- Serve hot.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
something to do in my slow cooker xmas present
Thankschichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
Awsome recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Omg. This sounds great and I'm looking for ease of the slow cooker! Thanks!themissiah in Ringgold loved it
CrockPots Are Cool Again856 members
MEXICAN FOOD425 members
Crock Potslow Cooker200 members
Consume Those Beans78 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
Slow Cookers Unite48 members
Packages Jars And Cans29 members