Homemade Butterscotch PieFrom chef_irish 6 years ago
- 9-inch baked pie shell shopping list
- (either graham cracker crust or traditional; we use traditional) shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups milk, divided shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine (4 tablespoons) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 whole eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugars, 1/2 cup milk and butter; allow this mixture to boil for 5 minutes while stirring.
- While this mixture is cooking, blend in a blender the cornstarch, 1/2 cup milk and the eggs, then add another 1/2 cup milk; set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 cup milk and the blended ingredients to the sugar mixture, stirring occasionally over medium heat until thick.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream.