Curry Chicken SoupFrom danerin2 8 years ago
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 large carrot, chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons chopped ginger shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, or more or less to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomato, with juice shopping list
- 6 cups chicken stock shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in soup pot over medium-high heat while you cut the chicken into small cubes.
- This is easier if they are partially frozen.
- Brown the chicken cubes in batches, sprinkle with black pepper and remove to bowl when well browned.
- Cook onion, carrot, celery and ginger until well-softened.
- Combine garlic, spices and a Tablespoon of stock in a small bowl.
- When vegetables are soft, add garlic and spices to pot and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to pot.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and simmer for 30-40 minutes, until done.
- Check seasonings and serve with a scoop of rice, if desired.
The Cookdanerin2 Medford, NJ
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!