Slow Cooked Greek Roast Lamb With SaladFrom sacredspice 7 years ago
- Meat shopping list
- 1.8 Kg leg of lamb or shoulder shopping list
- 5 tblsp olive oil shopping list
- 4 tblsp fresh or dried oregano (or enough to sprinkle the meat) shopping list
- 5 crushed galic cloves shopping list
- 2 lemons (juice only) shopping list
- 2 good pinches of salt shopping list
- 2 good pinches of pepper shopping list
- Salad shopping list
- 2 tblsp fresh oregano shopping list
- handful of halved cherry tomatoes shopping list
- 1 chopped lebanese cucumber shopping list
- 1 red onion shopping list
- 1 red pepper shopping list
- Big handful of diced fetta shopping list
- handful of black olives shopping list
- 6 tblsp olive oil (extra virgin) shopping list
- 2 tblsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- salt shopping list
- Some nice fresh bread shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse lamb under cold water and pat with paper towl dry. Place in large pot that can be covered and can be placed in oven.
- Coat meat with olive oil
- Rub crush garlic into meat leaving good coating of galic
- Squeeze juice of 2 lemons over
- sprinkle with oregano
- season meat with lots of salt and pepper
- Pour 2cm of water into pan
- Place in over at 140c (fan) for 3.5 hours coating with pan juices every now and again.
- Remove cover and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Allow meat to rest for atleast 10 minutes.
- In a small jar (with lid) pour the olive oil
- Then pour the balsamic vinegar. We are looking for 1/3 balsamic too 2/3 olive oil.
- Shake the mixture to mix
- Throw all the salad together with some fresh oregano and lightly coat with balsamic/olive oil dressing mixing well with hands. leave some dressing aside.
- Serve with meat and some fresh bread. Use remanding dressing to dip bread.
The Cooksacredspice Newbury, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!