Glazed Lemon Bundt CakeFrom thumper20 5 years ago
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel shopping list
- GLAZE: shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in extracts.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in lemon peel.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack. Cool 10 minutes longer. Place rack on waxed paper.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over the warm cake. Cool completely before serving.