Black Bean Hummus RecipeFrom angel_painter 8 years ago
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and then mashed shopping list
- 2 15-oz cans of black beans drained and rinsed shopping list
- 2/3 cup of tahini or almond butter (roasted, not raw) shopping list
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (or prepackaged lemon juice if that is all available) shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- fresh ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- paprika, as desired shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor or a stick blender, combine the mashed garlic, black beans , tahini or almond butter, lemon juice, 1/2 cup water, and olive oil. Process until smooth.
- Add salt, starting at a half a teaspoon, to taste.
- Add fresh ground pepper.
- Spoon into serving dish and sprinkle with paprika.