Blueberry Sour Cream WafflesFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 3 large eggs separated shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted shopping list
- 3/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries plus more for garnish shopping list
- Confectioner's sugar for dusting shopping list
- maple syrup for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat a waffle maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- In a large mixing bowl using a whisk beat the egg yolks.
- Beat in milk, butter and sour cream.
- Over a sheet of waxed paper sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the 1/2 cup blueberries.
- In another large bowl beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Using a rubber spatula fold 1/2 cup of the egg whites into batter then carefully fold in whites.
- Cook the waffles according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Garnish with the remaining blueberries.
- Dust with the confectioners' sugar and serve hot with maple syrup.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!