Aoli Garlic MayonnaiseFrom astrochef 5 years ago
- 8 cloves garlic, use a nice large size shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground white pepper shopping list
- 150 Milliliters extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 Large egg yolks shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, you can use up to 2 tablespoons shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pestle and mortar, pound together the garlic, salt and pepper until smooth, adding a little olive oil from time to time to moisten the mixture.
- Once the mixture has formed a smooth paste, add the egg yolks and pound again until they are completely combined into the garlic mix.
- Slowly add the remaining olive oil, as if making mayonnaise, until the emulsion is thick and smooth.
- Beat in the lemon juice to taste and use as desired.
- In France, aioli is traditionally served with seafood, fish soup, and croutons. It is usually served at room temperature. The name aioli (alhòli) comes from Provençal alh 'garlic' (Latin allium) + òli 'oil' (Latin oleum).
The Cookastrochef London, GB
The Rating4 people
Mmmmmmm-mmmmmmm, heaven! I looove aioli, thank you for sharing.. 5!ayngelwing in Vancouver British Columbia loved it
Home made mayonnaise is one of my favorit things! I love this post along with the little language lesson, very nice!gagagrits in Irmo loved it
I love homemade mayonnaise - it is so flavorful and luscious. Thanks so much - wonderful post!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!