Simple Navy Bean SoupFrom rottman 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup navy beans shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 ea carrot, chopped shopping list
- 1 ea bay leaf shopping list
- 4 cup water shopping list
- 1 tb lard shopping list
- 1 cl garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tb flour shopping list
- 1 tb paprika shopping list
- 1/3 cup chicken stock shopping list
- Smoked sweet peppers shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- Bring 4 cups water to boil. Add 1/2 lb navy beans. Allow to continue boiling for two minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool for 2 hours.
- Add another 4 cups waster to beans. Add celery, carrot, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. In a small skillet, melt lard and add chopped garlic. Fry garlic, but do not brown. Add flour and paprika. Continue cooking until mixture thickens. Add to the main bean pot.
- Add 1/3 cup chicken broth.
- Simmer for 50 minutes.
- Chop smoked sweet peppers. Serve bean soup in bowl. Add two tbl chopped smoked sweet peppers per bowl. Seasn with kosher salt.