Beef and Rice Crisp CasseroleFrom barneswifemn 8 years ago
- 1 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 c Coarsely-chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup Coarsely-chopped green pepper shopping list
- 2 tb ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 tspn salt shopping list
- 1/2 tspn dry mustard shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup cooked rice shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 tspn worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 cup corn flakes, coarsely crushed shopping list
- 3 tbsn butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Saute beef, onion and green pepper in a large frypan until meat is browned; drain off any fat.
- Blend in ketchup, salt and dry mustard.
- Turn meat mixture into a 2 quart round casserole; spread rice on top.
- Gradually stir milk into mushroom soup. Stir in cheese and worcestershire sauce. Pour over meat and rice layers.
- Combine crushed corn flakes and butter; sprinkle evenly over casserole.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree F oven 35 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Makes 6 servings.