Beef and Onion Stew StifadoFrom chef_irish 6 years ago
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 (2 pound) boneless beef chuck, tip or round, cut into 1-inch cubes shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely-ground pepper shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 stick cinnamon shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 pound pearl onions, peeled shopping list
- Crumbled feta cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook and stir chopped onion and garlic in oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until onion is tender; remove with slotted spoon.
- Cook beef in remaining oil, stirring frequently, until all liquid is evaporated and beef is brown on all sides, about 25 minutes; drain fat.
- Return onion and garlic to Dutch oven. Stir in remaining ingredients except onions and cheese. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Add white onions. Cover and simmer until beef and white onions are tender, about 30 minutes. Remove bay leaf and cinnamon. Garnish with cheese.