Hot Wing PizzaFrom alexisbledelfan3 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 3/4 pound chicken pieces shopping list
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup oil, for frying chicken shopping list
- 1 Cup Mozzerella cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken wing sauce, ready-made shopping list
- OR shopping list
- 3 ounces hot sauce shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter -- melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing shopping list
- 1 medium pizza crust shopping list
How to make it
- Mix flour and Cajun seasoning (I use Emeril's Essence) in a plastic bag. Put chicken pieces in the bag (1 or 2 at a time) and shake until coated with flour mix. Heat oil in a fry pan. Add chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove chicken and allow to cool enough to handle. Chop chicken into pieces about 1/2" in diameter. Shake approximately 2 teaspoons of hot sauce onto the chicken (or to taste).
- Spread pizza dough onto greased pan, about 14" diameter. Mix chicken wing sauce with blue cheese dressing. Spread the sauce mixture onto the pizza dough with mozzerella cheese.
- Spread the pieces of chicken onto top of the sauce. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the chicken. Sprinkle the crumbled blue cheese on to of the mozzarella.
- Bake at 425 F for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned.
- NOTES : When we lived in Rochester NY, there was a great restaurant called the Pizza Villa. They offered about 30 different varieties of pizza. One of my favorites was chicken wing pizza. Their sauce recipe is secret, but this is my approximation, and it tastes pretty good!