Dutch Spiced BeefFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 pound beef round steak shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion sliced thick shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 whole cloves shopping list
- 4 canned spiced onions shopping list
- 12 strips pimiento shopping list
How to make it
- Cut steak into 4 pieces then rub with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter in large skillet until hot but not brown.
- Brown meat on both sides then remove to platter.
- Add sliced onions to skillet and sauté lightly then remove from pan.
- Add water to skillet scraping pan to loosen any bits of beef.
- Return meat to pan then cover with onion slices.
- Add vinegar, mustard, bay leaf and cloves.
- Cover and cook slowly 1-1/2 hours or until tender turning every 1/2 hour.
- Place steaks on serving platter then remove bay leaf and cloves and place onions on platter.
- Garnish each steak with 1 spiced onion and 3 pimiento strips.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!