Roasted Potato SaladFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 4 pounds new or fingerling potatoes, cleaned and halved lengthwise shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped garlic shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard, or to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, or to taste shopping list
- 1/2 red onion, trimmed and sliced lengthwise into 1/8 -inch slices shopping list
- 1/4 cup capers shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the garlic, olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roast the potatoes until golden brown and tender, about 1 hour, tossing occasionally.
- Remove and cool.
- While the potatoes are roasting, cut the bacon crosswise into
- one-fourth-inch pieces.
- Cook the bacon in a large sauté pan over medium heat
- until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Stir frequently, watching that the bacon does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat and drain the bacon on a paper towel-lined plate, reserving the grease for another use.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard and red wine vinegar.
- Season with one-half teaspoon salt and several grinds of black
- Taste and adjust mustard, vinegar and seasoning if desired.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes and bacon with the sliced onion.
- Gently stir in enough dressing to coat, then stir in the capers. Taste andadjust seasoning if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate the salad for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to develop.
- The salad will keep for 3 days, refrigerated.
- Allow the salad to warm slightly at room temperature before serving.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
gee, I love the garlic, bacon and it seems like a great salad. I am loving the group recipes!!!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it