Whiskey-Soaked Dark Chocolate Bundt CakeFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened, more for greasing pan shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, more for dusting pan shopping list
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- 1/4 cup instant espresso powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 cup bourbon, rye or other whiskey, more for sprinkling shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- confectioners' sugar, for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Grease and flour a 10-cup-capacity Bundt pan (or two 8- or 9-inch loaf pans).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In microwave oven or double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate.
- Let cool.
- Put espresso and cocoa powders in a 2-cup (or larger) glass measuring cup.
- Add enough boiling water to come up to the 1 cup measuring line.
- Mix until powders dissolve.
- Add whiskey and salt; let cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat 1 cup butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat until well combined.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla extract, baking soda and melted
- chocolate, scraping down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula.
- On low speed, beat in a third of the whiskey mixture.
- When liquid is absorbed, beat in 1 cup flour.
- Repeat additions, ending with whiskey mixture.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes for Bundt pan (loaf pans will take less time, start checking them after 55 minutes).
- Transfer cake to a rack. Unmold after 15 minutes and sprinkle warm cake with more whiskey.
- Let cool before serving, garnished with confectioners' sugar if you like.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
I'd like to say that I wouldn't like this- but dang, sounds good!anitagae in loved it