Short Ribs Braised in Red Pepper Flake SauceFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 beef short ribs kosher cut shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 1 bottle red pepper flakes sauce shopping list
- 1 pound carrots peeled and cut diagonally shopping list
How to make it
- Place the onion in a slow cooker.
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper.
- Put the flour in a large bowl.
- Add the short ribs and toss to coat evenly.
- Shake off excess flour.
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat warm the canola oil until nearly smoking.
- Add the short ribs and brown on all sides.
- Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Pour the red pepper flakes sauce over the ribs and add the carrots.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Transfer the short ribs and carrots to a serving dish.
- Skim off any fat from the sauce and discard.
- Pour some of the sauce over the short ribs and carrots and pass the rest at the table.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!