Barbequed Green BeansFrom bojangles42 8 years ago
- 5 rasher of smokey bacon, diced shopping list
- 1 onion, sliced in half and then sliced into half rings 1/4" wide shopping list
- 1 c catsup shopping list
- 3/4 c packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 T Worchestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, minced (optional but recommended) shopping list
- 2 cans French style green beans (or equal amount fresh green beans steamed to tender crisp) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Reserve 2 T of the drippings
- Remove bacon to paper towel
- Add onion slices to the reserved bacon drippings and saute until onions start to carmelize.
- Add catsup, brown sugar, Worchestershire sauce and chipotle
- Simmer until the color darkens and the sauce thickens slighty
- Drain the beans and place in a baking dish.
- Pour the sauce over the beans.
- Bake in a 400 F oven for 20 minutes or until the beans are hot.
- Sprinkle bacon bits over the top and serve.
- You can also just add the beans and bacon to the cooked sauce and heat through, then serve.