Plum Pudding With Caramel SauceFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup currants shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup molasses shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Grease inside of a pudding mold or bowl then sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Shake mold until inside surface is covered with sugar.
- Chop raisins and currants with a knife then sprinkle with a little flour and set aside.
- Measure out flour, sugar, bread crumbs, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in bowl.
- Mix well then with a pastry blender cut in the butter until mixture looks like bread crumbs.
- Add chopped raisins, currants and walnuts to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour 1/2 cup milk into a small saucepan and place it over low heat.
- When tiny bubbles form around edge of pot milk is ready.
- Add egg to fruit and flour mixture then add the hot milk and molasses and mix everything well.
- Spoon mixture into the pudding mold or bowl.
- Make a cover for the mold with 2 layers of aluminum foil and butter side of foil next to pudding.
- Tie string around the foil to keep it tight.
- Set a canning rack in a large pot then set pudding on top.
- Carefully pour some boiling water down side of pot until it comes half way up the pudding mold.
- Set large pot over high heat until water boils then turn heat down to medium low and put lid on.
- Steam pudding for 3 hours then when pudding is done remove it from pot.
- Remove foil and let pudding stand about 10 minutes.
- Turn pudding upside down onto a warm platter and serve with sauce.
- To make sauce combine brown sugar, flour and salt in a small saucepan.
- Very gradually add the boiling water and stir.
- Over low heat stir mixture until it is thick and creamy about 5 minutes.
- When sauce is thick remove from heat then stir in butter and vanilla.
- Allow butter to melt completely.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!