Cranberry ChickenFrom michellem 8 years ago
- 8 oz. jellied cranberry sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper shopping list
- 2 star anise (whole) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard shopping list
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar shopping list
- 2 lb. chicken breasts (boneless) shopping list
- some seasoned flour( flour with salt and pepper), enough to cover a diner plate shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine the cranberry sauce, sherry, chicken broth, spices, and sugar.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then discard the star anise.
- Heat the butter in a skillet until it is foamy.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the seasoned flour, and saut'e in the butter for 1 minute on each side.
- Transfer the chicken to an oven proof dish.
- Pour the cranberry mixture into the skilled , and reduce by half over high heat.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken , and bake at 350 degress for 20 to 30 minutes.