Curry Chicken Pot PieFrom ladibyrd 8 years ago
- 4 cups frozen vegetable mix (peas, carrots) shopping list
- 1-2 Tbs canola oil shopping list
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups prepared chicken bouillon shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 3 Tbs flour shopping list
- 1 tsp curry powder shopping list
- 2 Tbs dried parsley shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 2 cups cubed chicken, cooked shopping list
- 1 package puff pastry (or 1 tube crescent rolls) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss frozen vegetables with canola oil and spread evenly onto a sheet pan. Place into oven and cook until golden brown.
- In a saute pan heat 1 Tbs of butter and sweat the onion and celery.
- In another saucepan, heat the broth and milk.
- Add 2 Tbs butter to the celery mix and cook out the water.
- Add the flour and curry and cook for 1 to 2min.
- Whisk in the hot milk mixture and cook until thickened. Add the parsley and pepper.
- Toss the browned vegetables and the chicken in a baking dish lined with foil, and pour the sauce mixture over, stirring to even.
- Top with the puff pastry and place into the oven and cook until the pastry has browned and the mixture is hot and bubbly, about 25min.
The Cookladibyrd Gainesville, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!