Veggie BurritosFrom chasingandrea 5 years ago
- 2 tbsp of oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup of brown rice, cooked shopping list
- 1 package of Yves original veggie ground round shopping list
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced shopping list
- 1 cup of frozen corn shopping list
- 1 can of black beans shopping list
- 1/2 cup of sliced white mushrooms shopping list
- 1 jalapeno (I didn't have one so I added a few dashes of hot sauce) shopping list
- 1 cup of salsa shopping list
- 1 tbsp of taco seasoning or chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 8 whole wheat tortillas 10 inches shopping list
- 1 cup of shredded strong cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 avocado sliced shopping list
- salsa and sour cream for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice according to directions on package. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When warm, add the ground round and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the green pepper, corn, beans, mushrooms, jalapeno, salsa and seasonings. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Warm tortillas in the oven or microwave. Do not toast them, they break when you fold them. Sprinkle the cheese on the tortillas (old cheddar has lots flavour so you need less), add rice and avocado. Top with veggie ground mixture. Fold in the ends and roll. Place it seam side down while you prepare the rest. Serve warm with salsa and sour cream.