Homemade Chicken BrothFrom angelinaw 5 years ago
- chicken Bones (saved from when you had a stuffed chicken or deboned some chicken breats), usually about 1 gallon bag shopping list
- 5 chicken Quarters, If you didn't save and freeze your chicken bones shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 1 celery Bulb (the end part that most of us cut off for easier access to the stalks) shopping list
- Some celery leaves shopping list
- 2 carrots, quartered shopping list
- 3 heaping tablespoons garlic shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons rosemary shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons thyme shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon Pesto shopping list
- Generous Sprinkling of poultry seasoning shopping list
- salt and pepper optional shopping list
- Enough water to cover your ingredients in the pot shopping list
How to make it
- Put your ingredients in a large stock pot
- Cover and cook on low heat until the chicken falls easily off of the bone
- Strain into another pot, removing all of the chicken bones and vegetables.
- Pick the chicken off of the bones and throw back into the stock for later use or freeze seperately.
- Save and use the stock ,or freeze the stock if not using immediately.